This course is designed for complete beginners whose level is A0-A1 according to CEFR.
It is a blended learning programme, but it can also be used as self-learning instruction. Currently there is only a version of the course for learners whose native language is Russian with a lot of explanation and guidance. However, the use of the native language in offline lessons is reduced to minimum replaced by TPR and other context based activities conducted in English.
Skills that you will obtain from the course:
- Learning to read and pronounce English letters, words and sounds
- Basic personal information (name, age, origin, occupation, some personal description)
- Countries and nationalities
- Counting and simple maths
- This is
- Personal pronouns: I, you, he, she, it, we, they
- Possessive pronouns: my, your, his, her, its, our, their
- English sentence structure: word order
- Present forms of “be”: am, are, is in statements, questions and negative sentences
- General and special questions
- Cardinal numbers up to 100
- Singular and plural nouns
- Articles: basics
- Present forms of “have” in statements, questions and negative sentences
- Sentences with “and/but”
- Prepositions of time, place
- Too, also
- This, that, these, those.
- Possessive ‘s witn nouns
After you click “Join the course”, you will be redirected to a page where you need to self-enrol with your email. Please, check your email afterwards, and confirm the registration. If you log out, use your email and password then to enter the course from this page or “Your Courses” page.